Thursday, April 13, 2006

This is the 11 year old granddaughter that comes to my house almost every weekend. Here she is busy helping to make apple crisp. She actually thinks she is making it by herself and she does pretty good but still requires some supervision. I don't like her getting things out of the oven by herself.....it scares me!

The hubby picked her up at her school Thursday at 3:30. It works out great; he gets out of work at 3:00 and she gets out of school at 3:30. It gives him just enough time to get to her school and go to the office to sign her out. She is only stayed through Friday morning when I took her to her orthodontist appointment. Her Mom originally said she could stay for the whole weekend, but changed her mind because she wants her to be able to celebrate Easter with her other grandparents on Saturday. One of her aunts may be bringing her back to us on Saturday so she can have Easter dinner with our side. I hope so!! Dis-jointed families are very difficult to bring together for any big celebration and someone is always missing from the gathering. I understand that! But sometimes, just once at least, I would like to be able to have EVERYONE together for just one of our get togethers! I might as well wish for a million dollars! But even if everyone won't be here for Easter dinner, I will thoroughly enjoy the ones that will be here and consider myself blessed to be able to have any of them here to enjoy and shower with my love!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Have a wonderful Easter martie!! Sounds like there is a lot of love in your family! Enjoy them!

Cheryl said...

Have a wonderful, blessed Easter!

Anonymous said...

Your post reminds me of times when I would bake at my grandparent's house. Just to let you know, those memories stay strong and withstand time. Hope your Easter is going great!

Ame said...

How very precious! I think we all have that dream of a being all together all at one time :) Would be nice, wouldn't it :)

HoBess said...

I love when kids cook ... the sense of accomplishment they get! And you're right about the oven. Even though she probably could do it, if it makes you nervous just keep jumping in there!

*** said...

My son is almost nine and I'm terrified of him and the stove. I was laid up for a week after foot surgery and while I thought I could leave him on his own after coaching him on what meals he could make, I still found myself hopping to the kitchen every time he ventured in to supervise. He's a master with PB&J and a butter knife though!