Friday, August 24, 2007

Well, this is probably one of the last photos I will take of Amber this summer. This one was just before she left to go to the beach with her dad! We took her back to her moms on August 11Th and haven't seen her since then. She called me yesterday and invited us to meet her in Muskegon for her first time as a cheerleader at her game for Hart Middle School. So, we are going to try and make it. That's a lot closer than driving all the way to her house.....not that she isn't worth it! Hubby has to work tomorrow, so I'm hoping her dad doesn't and is free to go along. I hate going alone and trying to find a new place without a navigator with me! But, if he can't make it, I will still go.....I need to see her!

I'm starting to make the adjustment to hubby working a 2ND shift although it has been difficult. I think the silver lining (if there is one) in this is that we now have our big meal in the middle of the day so I have time to burn off more calories and eat much lighter at supper time! The evenings do seem awfully long and to drag on though and I'm sure they will seem even longer once fall and winter arrive and it gets dark much earlier than it does now. But, I'm sure I will find something to occupy my evenings with.....I can always sit by the fireplace and stay toasty warm and read some good books or do my counted cross stitch.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Be safe on your trip to see your granddaughter...I can tell she is a bright spot in your heart.

Those cozy evenings by the fireplace reading sound like Heaven to me right now! (not that I don't want my hubby and kids around...I just need some down time..)

Anonymous said...

Hey I hope you were able to see Amber. You are making the best out of things with hubby being on second. But, that is the kind of person you are. That's one of the characteristics that make you the good person you are! Hugs

Renee said...

She looks so cute and grown up! I hope you get to see her cheer.
I'm not looking forward to the winter time, that's for sure. Hopefully, we have a couple more months of warm weather down here.

chesneygirl said...

Hart High School? Man, she is SOOO close to my cottage!!
So did you go to her game?

Burning off more calories is always a good thing! :)