Sunday, August 19, 2007

Okay, I can't believe it's been a year already since I went for my........... "mammy mashing"! But it has been that long and my doctors office called me last week and told me that they have scheduled my mammogram for Aug. 20Th at 10:30 AM.

But I'll bite the bullet so to speak, pull up my big girl pants, and once more do what I know is good for me! Do you see the picture of the machine at the upper right? That's what they look like. The clear plastic tray is the one that the breast is placed on while the smaller box jutting out on the front comes in contact with the breast, flattening it and takes the pictures. And they aren't happy until your breast is almost totally flat on the tray! I wish there were other ways to check on this stuff than putting women through this torture machine! I bet it was invented by a man!

And as if that isn't bad enough, they have also scheduled my 12-hour fasting cholesterol blood work for a ½ hour before that. Which means that as of now, I am done eating, snacking and/or having anything wonderful to drink until after the blood is drawn tomorrow morning. I must once again go without my COFFEE! That makes for a very cranky ME!

I'm thirsty so I'm off to get a bottled water.....hey, it's better than nothing!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

As soon as they tell you that you can't have it...that's when you crave it more than ever. I am so bad about soda. Wish I could get off the stuff and I know I would lose 10 pounds.

Glad you are taking care of yourself...Blogging wouldn't be any fun without you.

Hugs,
Connie

janet copenhaver said...

I'm with Connie blogging wouldn't be so fun without you, so pull up them granny panties, lol and be done with it for another year. Mine annual is coming up soon as well.
Fasting cholesterol haven't done that yet nor the colonoscopy.

River Rat said...

I always end up with bruised boobs when I do those things! But it's for the best, now the fasting - I don't think I could handle that! Hang in there!

Renee said...

Oh, Martie, I feel your pain. I just scheduled mine last week, but they can't get me in until November, so I have a few more months to dread it. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I had my first one last year after Xmas. So, it won't be long with the way time is passing that I'll be doing that again.

Fasting is no fun. Sending you some extra hugs!!

Lori said...

Those mammograms are no fun, but...there are worse things. I have to admit, the first time I had one I started laughing! They are necessary and very important, but there was just something about the squishing and the squashing that hit my funny bone just right!

Anonymous said...

Hurts just lookin' at it Martie....

Ouch.

Buuuuut, like you said....it's for the best.

Nelly said...

Not looking forward to that part of my life!

Smalltown RN said...

I hope you did ok with your test....I boob squishing thing...urgh...I know I did mine a couple of months ago....hope life is treating you well...I have been working so many nights lately it has been hard to keep up with all my blog friends and especially you! Sorry.....tonight is my last night and then I am off for 4!!!! yahoo....so I will do some posting and blog catching up.....cheers my dear friend....

Rebecca said...

Hope all turned out well.

I'm overdue for my followup one - that I shouldnt' really let fall overdue.... :(

Must. Re. Schedule.