Wednesday, August 15, 2007

This is what I saw as I opened the blinds this morning and looked out into the back yard. I love morning glories........they are bright and beautiful and can almost certainly bring a smile to my face as I look at the delicate way they flutter in the slightest breeze.
The only colors that were opened this morning are the pink and the purple, but I have a blue variety too. They are all pretty much planted in one area so they can grow and curl up the trellis as they reach for the sunlight. A much cheerier picture than the clouds of yesterday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey those are lovely. The purple is my favorite! Hugs

Smalltown RN said...

oh those are lovely...and what a glorious thing to wake up to......you have been tagged for a meme....I do hope you play along...cheers....

A Dusty Frame said...

Those are so pretty:).
I haven't grown those for awhile. Maybe next year I should grow them again.
Lizzie

Cheryl said...

I've always loved even the name morning glories. I mean, how could they not brighten up your day!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty flowers...Can't imagine having something that pretty this late in the summer here.

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Connie

Renee said...

Very pretty! I love vines. Thanks for sharing, Martie.

Anonymous said...

Are the edible?? I like waking up to food.....

Sounds like all is well with you, good!

janet copenhaver said...

Everything is yellow here. Achoo!

Lori said...

Morning glories remind me of the farm. We used to have them growing along and up our mailbox. It's a sweet memory.