Monday, April 16, 2007

Three Things Meme/As long as I can't sleep!

I'm still up and since I was tagged I thought I would do this meme from
Southern Livin'. I've had one (1) alcoholic beverage to help me sleep (I hope) tonight, but am not feeling the least bit sleepy as of yet. So here goes:


Three Things That Scare Me

1. Spiders, but anything creepy crawly.
2. Having sick grand children.
3. Taking my annual stress test because I don't usually pass them and then the doctor wants to do a heart catheterization.

Three People Who Make Me Laugh

1. My hubby.
2. All of my grand children.
3. My favorite sis-in-law, Tammy.

Three Things I Love

1. Smell of Coffee first thing in the morning.
2. Rainbows.
3. Listening to waves hit the beach.

Three Things I Hate

1. Running out of toilet paper!
2. Anyone who abuses a child.
3. Snow in April.

Three Things I Don’t Understand

1. Why my dog seems to prefer hubby most of the time.
2. How someone can deliberately hurt a child emotionally, physically or sexually.
3. Why employers don't want to hire anyone over 50.

Three Things On My Desk

1. Unpaid bills that aren't quite due yet.
2. Sticky note pad.
3. A pen/pencil holder full of pens/pencils.

Three Things I Want To Do Before I Die

1. Learn Spanish so I can understand my daughter-in-law when she's trying to tell
my son something she doesn't want to say in front of the rest of us.
2. Go for a hot air balloon ride.
3. Go to Hawaii.

Three Things I Can Do

1. Sew things on the sewing machine.
2. Make holiday meals.
3. Feed an infant a bottle and cook dinner at the same time.

Three Things I Can’t Do

1. Sit or lie quietly for more than 15 minutes (probably why I have so much trouble
sleeping).
2. Make good pie crust from scratch.
3. Mow the grass in a straight line.

Three Things I Think You Should Listen To

1. Your inner voice.
2. The wind.
3. A baby sighing.

Three Things You Should Never Listen To

1. A drunk.
2. A know-it-all.
3. My advice

Three Things I’d Like To Learn

1. How to knit and/or crochet.
2. See "Three things I want to do before I die", #1.
3. To play the guitar.

Three Favorite Foods

1. Salads.
2. Steak medium rare, cooked by hubby on the grill.
3. Pecan Pie.

Three Things I Regret

1. Not being able to finish college.
2. My parents dieing before I married and had children.
3. That my children grew up without their dad.

I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you want to play, feel free and be sure and let me know!

7 comments:

River Rat said...

Yeah, that whole spanish thing floors me. I took it in college and completely forgot it. So, did you sleep last night?

Anonymous said...

I'll teach you how to knit!

I cannot stand people who do anything but love and protect their children.

Get some sleep.

xxx

Renee said...

I love this "Learn Spanish so I can understand my daughter-in-law when she's trying to tell
my son something she doesn't want to say in front of the rest of us.". I can teach you some Spanish, if all you want to say are things like 'The bull is black.' or 'The dog is white'.

Anonymous said...

Pecan pie is soooo good! How do you pronounce pecan? I say Puh-CON. Some people say PEE-can. I love steak too! If I were closer, I would beg you to invite me to a cookout. LOL I'll probably play. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Well- I am bad at pie crust but this recipe is fool proof--it is from my grandmother's Lowney's Cookbook:

Grandma's Original Pie Crust
Category: Pies: Other & Crusts


Total Time: 10 min
Makes: 2 bottom crusts or 1 top and bottom



Ingredients:
Chopped Paste Crust

1 1/2 c. flour
4 T. lard (plain Crisco works as well)
4 T. butter
1/2 t. salt
cold water

Preparation:
Sift salt and flour; add lard and butter when thoroughly chilled. Chop until like meal; add cold water to make a stiff dough. Chill; roll on a floured cloth or molding board into a rectangle; fold towards center, double, turn halfway around, and roll again. Chill before rolling for pies.

If rolling for single layer pie, roll paste to 1/8 inch thick, cut one inch larger than the plate. Spread on plate; fold edge under, making paste the size of the plate. This edge may be fluted or plain. Chill before filling.

If rolling for two layer pie. Roll paste 1/4 inch thick. Cut paste an eight of an inch larger than the plate. Cut strips 3/4 inch wide for rim. Cut upper crust at least 1/8 inch larger than plate. Arrange lower crust on plate, wet edges with cold water, lay strips of paste or rim on this, taking care to lap or seal with cold water. Fill the pie with whatever material is to be used. Cut slits in center of upper crust. Lay on pie; wet edges of rim. Have all edges eve, leaving fullness in center for shrinking. Press edges lightly but firmly.

Anonymous said...

sorry you can't sleep - i have no ideas ... sorry ;(

i would want to know spanish, too, if people talked around me so i wouldn't be able to understand!

Anonymous said...

Dear Martie,
Such a good meme. These really do help to get to know you even more.

Why is it that you and I can't mow a straight line???lol

Take good care of yourself.
Hugs,
Connie