Tuesday, April 03, 2007

News from Kentucky

Hi! I'm back. And I have no pictures to show you yet. You see, I forgot my digital camera. My sis-in-law got here early and wanted to get an earlier start than originally planned, so in my haste to get all Amber's and my stuff together to load into the truck that was one of the things that got left behind. So I purchased a cheap disposable camera out there and have to get the camera in to get a Picture CD made before I can post any pictures. What can I say.....chalk it up to a senior moment, okay?!

The weather was wonderful. The temperatures were in the upper 70's to low 80's with high humidity. We made great time in getting there.....it only took us 8 hours so we were there by 3:20 PM on the 1st. Still plenty of daylight left but the kids were a little antsy from being cooped up in a vehicle for that long so we took them swimming in the motel pool. My daughter Rachel and her hubby Trenton and the three kids came too join in the fun and boy was it bedlam for a while! The oldest boy is 6 and some of his words are not real plain and with his Kentucky accent and so many baby teeth that have recently fallen out it isn't always easy to understand what he is saying. He was pretty excited to be able to swim and as he was telling me how excited he was his pronunciation of swimming pool came out 'women pool'! Heck, I want to know where the 'men pool' is!!!

We didn't make it to Cumberland Falls to see the moonbow either. My sis-in-law wasn't comfortable driving through the mountain roads after dark so I will have to see the moonbow another time.

We did have a great time though. My sis-in-law and I get along really good and there was a lot of talking and laughing going on between us. So much in fact that Amber and Telyse thought we were nuts! Kameron, our little knight in shining armor came to our defense and told the girls it was 'very naughty to make fun of us.'

The last night there we took all the kids to a park to let them play and while there I had a small happening. My sil and Telyse and Amber are now referring to this as the "Kentucky Incidence". This is how it played out: Time to leave and I held Amber's hand to step over a knee high balance beam and caught the toe of my shoe on said beam, lost my balance and tried to regain balance by doing a quick hop on opposite foot, continued to be off balance and fell on my toushie and back with a large thud and jarring! My words, 'holy shit!' All I could do was lay there and laugh! Daughter came running over to help me up and I still was laughing too hard to be able to get up.....now she thinks I am crazy too along with everyone else in the park! I have a strong suspicion that they won't let me forget this anytime soon!

8 comments:

chesneygirl said...

Glad you had a nice time...and you made it there and back safely!

So did anyone happen to get a picture of this "Kentucky incident"?...cause I wanna laugh too, I mean... ;)

River Rat said...

Glad you're back! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Martie said...

Chesneygirl ~ nope, no one got a picture of the 'Kentucky Incident'. My SIL asked me to do it again so she could film it though.....no one there feeling sorry about the old lady falling, geeez!

Tracy said...

I am so glad you had a great time! ALso glad you are home safe! I will get that diet info to you through Nelly!

Anonymous said...

I was worried that you had hurt your back. I only laughed for a little while. Laughs turned into sadness just a short time later on the drive home. KeAira even cried when we got home, she wanted her Mema. Glad ya'll came even if it was such a short time. Love ya.

janet copenhaver said...

Sounds like a grand time. The one thing I like about getting older is we can do stupid stuff and kinda get away with it.
Hope your little fall didn't hurt to much.

Anonymous said...

KY weather sounds alot like our weather. Nice huh! Nice to see you back. Glad you had a great trip.

Ame said...

lol!!!

"'very naughty to make fun of us.'"

love it!!!