Thursday, November 15, 2007

That time of year again............



and hubby has gone to his favorite hunting spot in the Upper Peninsula! He left last night and won't be home again until November 30TH or December 1ST. SIXTEEN DAYS! And this from the man who hardly managed without me while I was only gone 11 days in Texas! Much different when it's someplace he wants to be! I will miss him, but he does deserve his time away doing what he enjoys too.

This is a difficult time of year for me though. First, he is always gone for Thanksgiving. And although I have a lovely celebration with the kids and grand kids, not everyone is always able to gather for one of my favorite holidays. Second, this is the time of year that my first husband, Dave, passed away from cancer after only 8 years of marriage. In fact, today is the actual anniversary of his passing. For those of you who have lost a loved one because of death, you understand what a difficult day this can be. Not that I won't be fine. I really have gotten over it........I mean it's been 32 years today, and life goes on. My life has and has been completely full and good. But I still wonder sometimes .........what might have been.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holidays can be tough even if you are surrounded by people.

You stay warm. Down here it is rather windy and cold. Hope you are feeling better.

Hugs

janet copenhaver said...

Men and their hunting!

Sorry that you have the scars of years gone by, to deal with, so close to a holiday. This isn't my favorite time of year and hasn't been for a long time. History of woes.

Enjoy your kids and grandkids my dear friend.

thewriterslife said...

Strange you should mention that. One of my ex-boyfriends died today. Cancer. I swear, it's going to get all of us. I'll be blogging about it tomorrow. And don't worry...everyone will be gone on Thanksgiving, too...I'm not even going to bother to cook. I'll make up for it at Christmas, I'm sure. Thanks for stopping by, Martie..I've missed you! I haven't been blogging a lot lately with these dang tours, but I've hired three wonderful ladies who are helping me, now I have more time to play!

clew said...

You know I can empathize to a significant degree ... thinking of you today.

Love you!

clew said...

You know I can empathize to a significant degree ... thinking of you today.

Love you!

Bainwen Gilrana said...

Oh, that photo is beautiful. :-)

I was just taking advantage of a somewhat slower than usual afternoon at work to stop in and say hi. I'm sorry you're feeling down today! *big hugs*

Smalltown RN said...

First, I hope your hubby has a great time....second.....I hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgivings celebration...and third...the pain and ache eventually fades but you still always wonder...it's interesting for me to come across your post today and read this...I woke this morning thinking of my sister...she passed away 3 1/2 years ago...gosh I miss her...the ache is gone...but I always wonder what if.....

Anonymous said...

so many things in life, aren't there.

Anonymous said...

so many things in life, aren't there.

Anonymous said...

Awww, I-Mom...I never do this, ever...but I'm making an exception tonight.

**huuuugssss**

I'm sorry, girl.