Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving is approaching..........

UPDATE: Tuesday, November 20 - Went to the doctor this morning, have sinus infection and ear infection. Received a perscription for Zithromycin and should begin feeling better in 24 hours. I WILL be able to attend Thanksgiving and naive's home after all....without infecting anyone! YIPEE!!!!




and I am feeling crummy. I started feeling like a cold was catching me last Wednesday when I was at the doctors office for my annual physical (as if that isn't bad enough)! By Friday, I was positive it had caught me and wasn't about to let go.

Over the weekend, it got steadily worse. I am coughing and that hurts my throat and my head. My head feels as if it will explode with every cough and every time I try to blow my nose. My headache won't go away and my back hurts. My voice is almost gone. Do you have any idea how hard it is for me not to be able to talk? Almost impossible!

I had an appointment today for a bone scan (preventative care) and asked the receptionist if there was a chance I could see the doctor too. She said that they are double booked already and the office will be closing tomorrow at noon for the Thanksgiving holiday and won't reopen until Monday, the 26Th. She did say, that if they have a cancellation today they will call me. I guess that's better than nothing, but I wanted to be feeling a little better by Thanksgiving and I CERTAINLY don't want to give this to the small grand children or anyone for that matter!

Keep your fingers crossed that I won't still feel this way in a couple days!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo sorry ;(

janet copenhaver said...

Not a convenient time to get sick. Hope you hear from the doctors office soon, so you can get to feeling better for turkey day. Will be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer too.

Healing hugs!

clew said...

Lady, I'm so sorry ... I hope you feel better soon. I've been fighting the worst sinus infection I've EVER had - had blinding headache all weekend from it! Luckily I saw my doc just in time ... Thank God for Zithromax ...

Feel better! I'll be thinking about you and yours on T'giving. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. And glad you went back to the doctor. AWESOME that you'll be able to attend Thanksgiving festivities! Hugs

Nelly said...

Man! Everyone is sick these days!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lori said...

I hope that you are feeling better by now, Martie. It seems like every Thanksgiving, someone in our family is sick. We jokingly call it the "Thanksgiving Blessing!"

Mend quickly, my friend!