Saturday, March 18, 2006

Keeping fingers crossed....


in the hopes that "blogger" stays up and running so I can post something new today. I have tried to access the site for 2 days now with no luck and even earlier today I was unable to post even though I could get to my blog. It wasn't just mine, there were several of them that were affected by the ongoing problems of "the blog world". Let's hope that the problems are now solved and things can function normally again.

A fellow blogger dedicated his most recent post about his grandmother to me. I feel very honored that he did this and I understand his reasons for doing so. Thank you, Stephen, for knowing that I would understand your feelings.

Friday, my usual granddaughter turned 11 years old. She didn't come to our house this weekend.....busy celebrating her birthday with her girlfriends, but she will probably come next weekend and we will have a small family celebration for her then. She wants to go to the "Build-A-Bear" store for her birthday present so we will most likely take her there and she can build her own bear. One of my other granddaughters did this and had a blast so it should be fun for her too.

In honor of her birthday, I am posting a picture of her with my dog. Many of you have asked what kind of dog I have and I have told you she is a mixed breed with her mother being a pure-bred boxer and her father a "sneaky neighborhood dog" although I stongly suspect he may have been at least part german shepard. She is unique in appearance and is a great companion for the usual granddaughter and her fur is just the right length for soaking up the tears of a young girl when grandma must on occasion say "no"!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that I would love to go build a bear myself. LOL That sounds fun. I have a Vermont Teddy Bear that I refuse to give up. Looks like your granddaughter and the family dog have a bond. Something about him sort of reminds me of a German Shepherd.

clew said...

Awwe. What cute girls!! :)

clew said...

BTW ...

'Fur just the right length for soaking up tears'

... DANG I wish i'd written that line! :)

Lori said...

She's a darling...and your dog reminds me of our neighbor's dog, Cowboy!

Sorry I've been so lax in my reading/commenting. Have missed you!

Lucy Stern said...

My husband is having fits with his blog since last Saturday. It's about to drive him crazy. So far my blog has not had any problems, but I haven't posted any pictures in a long while. Good luck.

Nunzia said...

hey how have you been?? i've been having some blogger troubles of my own. i hope you are well and hope to see more posts from you soon! God's Grace...

Nunzia said...

thanks for your comment on my blog about this situation... I've posted a very important UPDATE in the comments section of that entry. Thank you again for your prayers and encouragement. Blessings.