Monday, August 01, 2011

August 1, 2012

I can't believe it is the beginning of August already.  70 Years ago today, my first husband was born.  This November 15th will be the 38 Anniversary of his passing!  Seems like so long ago now.  My children were all little then and now, most of my grandchildren are older than mine were way back then.   Had Dave lived, he would have been so proud of his children and grandchildren.  How I wonder sometimes, did I ever get through those years of raising them alone. 

So many things have happened since then...so many things have changed, and yet some things remain the same!  I can't even imagine what things would be like now if he had lived past his 34 years on this earth.  Well, that is something that I will never know in this lifetime at least.

Enough of the past.....I always get a little sad on this day wishing he were here to celebrate his birthday with his kids and grand kids.....life goes on!

1 comment:

Katie's Mom said...

Larry's only been gone 7 years; was it eons ago or just yesterday? I empathize and completely understand your thoughts and feelings on this day. Even after all this time; it doesn't get easier, it just gets softer. Hugs!