Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to my MOM!


Today is my mom's birthday. Had she lived past 49 years of age, she would be 91 today. She passed away when I was just 20 and in college. My older sister had just given birth to her first baby, my mom's first grand child, a beautiful little girl. She never lived to see her as she had been hospitalized the last 6 months of her life. My younger sister was still in high school. I quit college in order to get a job and take care of my younger sister and get her the rest of the way through to graduation. She was a junior at that time. Even though it was so many years ago now, I still miss my mom and probably always will.

The above photo is one of my mom and dad standing near their first car shortly after my dad was released from the Army during WWII. My mom is pregnant with my oldest sister in this photo.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

5 comments:

Renee said...

Aww, happy birthday to your Mom! Sorry you lost her so early in your life.

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome picture Martie! Happy Birthday to your mom! Hugs

Lori said...

What a treasure...both the photo and your mother. I'm so sorry for those moments lost. She would be so proud of the wonderful person - and mother - you have become yourself.
Mothers are priceless. God bless.

auntpearl said...

Love that photo. I will remember your mom in my prayers to wish her a happy birthday.
I don't think we ever get over needing our mothers...Just a reflection of the love you had for each other.

Hope you are doing well.
Hugs,

chesneygirl said...

That's a neat picture! :)

My mom lost her mom at a young age too. Her mom was only 41 when she passed, my mom was 21. Her mom died on my parents first wedding anniversary. kinda sad, huh?

Anyway, Happy Birthday to your mommy, this was a nice way to remember her!! :)