Friday, March 28, 2008

SPRING........maybe NOT?

This is what I woke up to this morning! And in my last post I said it was spring. This view is outside my back door looking southeast. It is very beautiful, although it isn't very welcomed by me. I would much rather see my flowers than more snow. The bush just off to the left of center is my lilac bush with my new buds buried under that snow. But I guess, if we're going to break the old record for snowfall amount and we've come this far, we may as well go for it!
And this picture is looking southwest out the same back door. I do think the snow on the tree with the sun beginning to shine is beautiful. But then I have always been fascinated by trees anyway. This is the maple tree that I spoke of that had buds and they were beginning to open. I certainly hope this wet heavy snow doesn't damage them. You can't see through the snow, but those buds were a very pretty red with the look of velvet to them. I think the sun will melt the snow up quickly...........at least I hope so!

This coming week is spring break for the kids around here and I am hoping for much warmer temperatures than the 26ยบ we have out there now!

Happy Spring to you.........whenever it decides to show up!!!!

7 comments:

Smalltown RN said...

oh those are lovely pictures my friend..but I feel your pain...I to awoke to the white stuff falling, although it was not sticking...all to strange if you ask me...but the weather man says that this is not unusual...he says what is unusual is how warm it has been in the past years...this has been a long winter...ooops it's Spring now...Right? Our kids had Spring break last week...it tied in with Easter which gave them a nice long break.....hope life is treating you well....

Anonymous said...

Oh good grief - bless your heart! Well, here's hoping you warmer spring like weather real soon. The only thing white on trees here are the Dogwoods.

Hugs

Lori said...

The snow is pretty...but I understand the 'enough is enough' feeling. We'll get a 70 degree day, then it's back to the cold, dark weather again. We're supposed to get T-storms the next two days. I just want warmth and green and sun!

Spring will get here eventually, martie...and it's going to be glorious!

chesneygirl said...

We woke up to the same beautiful crap!

Although most of it has melted already.

The kids here are on spring break this week too... including my mom whose a teacher. She decided she'd had enough of the white crap and took off with my dad to Florida for 8 days.

Jerks. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Same beautiful crap here too! WTF ladies?! Where is this so called spring? ~ Nelly

Curly-Que said...

Guess who?

auntpearl said...

Your photos are beautiful but I can understand your eagerness for spring. Temps are up and down so much that I am not sure how to dress any more.
I found my tulips are very close to blooming...Hope the weather co-operates.

Take care.
Hugs,