Wednesday, September 13, 2006


Well, it's been quite a day and I can honestly say I'm glad it is over and doubly glad that tomorrow is a new day.

My day started out early at 7:00AM, after being awake most of the night due to thunderstorms and some lightening. You may remember that my wonderful companion from the rescue center does NOT like storms!! I would much preferred to have slept through them or at least been able to stay in bed. I don't know about any of you, but if I have to get up in the night I am always hungry which undermines my trying to lose weight. Although, I didn't eat last night or drink even a drop of water. I was doing a 12 hour fasting for some blood work at my doctor appointment this morning. It was time for my blood pressure check, annual physical including blood work, urine specimen, and pelvic/pap smear. Sorry any of you guys reading this...I know that kind of talk makes you all a little uncomfortable!

I left my doctors office and headed for one of my sons to pick him up and take him to the surgeon that repaired his ankle/leg in May. While waiting in the waiting room for him to be finished, my cell phone rang and it was my daughter in Kentucky informing me that she and her 8 month old son, and one of her younger sisters and the sister's 3 week old baby had been in an accident and were at the hospital in Richmond being checked out and she would let me know how they all were later!

Finally a little after 7:00 PM, I was able to speak with her again and found out that they were all okay. Sore.....but okay! Thank God!!! I was already tired from lack of sleep but this news and worrying and waiting to find out causes stress and stress causes fatigue!

As Scarlett O'Hara said in "Gone With The Wind", 'tomorrow is another day!!

All's well that end's well! ;)


Ame said...

gosh ... just the dr's appt's in themselves is exhausting ... then the accident ... SO glad they are ALL okay!!!!!

McSwain said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading this. Hope all is well with you AND everyone else.

chesneygirl said...

I'm so glad that your daughter and family is okay! That would've been scary to hear...and then to have to WAIT for the details! Ugh!

Get some rest, lady!! :)

Mindless Dribbler said...

Well, in the end, that's what counts right?

Glad your daughter is safe and sound Martie.

Oh, and I showed Trish waht you said about my pants...but I'm not willing to compromise NOT going out in public with them.

martie said...

Drib - life is all about compromises....if you won't compromise then there is probably no guarantee that Trish won't throw the pants out!

ame,mcswain,chesneygirl - yeah we are glad everyone is okay....thanks!

Rebecca said...

Alls well that ends well.... one of my favorite sayings.

But you've definitely had a medically challenged few weeks it seems!!!

Oh - and to answer your question, no the post from yesterday wasn't related to my little engineer friend. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your daughter, her son, and her sister and baby were okay. You all had a stressful day! When I end up with less than 7 hours sleep, I always feel tired. The doctor's appointment alone is enough to stress you out. Hope your son is doing alright too and the ankle/leg is becoming like new.


Connie and Rob said...

Dear Martie,
Your stress level just can't get a break. You poor thing. It must have been a very long day for you. I am so glad everything turned out okay.

You take care of yourself.

Greg said...

More exciting than my day! :) Hope the following ones aren't so hectic.