Monday, June 07, 2010

Here's the deal!

Had a procedure done Friday.  Not the one I was supposed to have.  My cardiologist didn't like the looks of the pictures from the angiogram back in March and decided that before he could do anything, he needed better pictures.  If they were okay, he would go ahead and place the stent.  They showed something different than his partners picture taking, so the stent still wasn't placed.  I will have to do this at least on more time now.

If he had tried to put the stent in on Friday, it would have immediately shut both my kidneys down and that would have been it!  I am thankful that he had the foresight to take more pictures and do the angiogram first.  The next step will be for them to schedule a CT scan to get precise measurements and then have a stent special made to fit the area without shutting down the kidneys.  

Although the stent wasn't put in place, they still had to invade my body with a catheter and go through the groin to take the pictures for the angiogram.  It feels like I am sore for no good reason even though I realize it was a good reason.  Still, the soreness and pain is not at all pleasant!

That's all for now, until I have further news to share besides, I can't sit here any longer!

5 comments:

Katie's Mom said...

Praise God for a caring and thorough doctor. I know you're uncomfortable but you're here. Will keep you in prayer.

Martie said...

Yes Katie, Praise our God for He is an awsome God we serve. I am really glad he checked his partners work and ordered another set of pictures..........and I am tying very hard to be patient, but my life has been on hold for months now and I am getting a little frustrated. I know it is all in God's time and not mine and I aslo know that sometimes he tests us to our limits! Maybe that is where I am now! Thanks for your prayers and I think you are a very special person!

auntpearl said...

Sorry to hear you are in pain. Thank goodness you have doctors that pay attention and make sure everything is okay before they do the procedure. I know it is frustrating for you.

I am going to have a total knee replacement in about 4 weeks.
A little nervous about the long recovery.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for the discomfort. I am glad you have a good doctor! Hang in there - you are still in my prayers. ~~~Comforting hugs

Smalltown RN said...

Oh Martie...I am so sorry you have ahd to go through all of this how awful. But let's look at the silver lining...at least we have the technology to fix what ail's you....

Sending you big hugs and warm positive thoughts that this all gets figured out sooner rather than later.....