Monday, June 21, 2010

CT Scan finished.............

now I am just waiting for Wednesday to hurry up and get here and I can go get the opinion of the Vascular Surgeon.  Went for bloodwork today.  It's beginning to feel as if Dr.'s offices, Labs, and hospitals are my home away from home.

I did ask the cardiologists if by sending me to see a Vascular Surgeon, it means they are thinking more along the lines of major surgery instead of stenting and they told me "yes" that is exactly what it means.  So I am sort of resigned to the fact that I will be having major surgery.  I just wish they would hurry up and tell me when and how extensive it will be!  I, like everyone else, do not like the unknown!  It's a little scary just imagining what they will do and how much it will hurt when I wake up.  Okay, I admit it, I'm a tad bit of a wuss!  Can't help it...............don't like pain and don't handle it well at all.  I try to be brave, but always seem to fail miserably at it. 

I guess it is what it is and I will find out Wednesday what will happen.  Que sera, sera!

2 comments:

Katie's Mom said...

We'll fall back on some heavy duty prayer for you. If I could, I'd send you my favorite stuffed animal, given to me when I was in the hospital after surgery to keep me company and to give me something to hold, squeeze, yell at, and just give me comfort. It's the little bear leaning against Katie in the logo pic'. My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

Everyone is afraid of surgery. Sending you some heart felt hugs~~~~