Saturday, December 15, 2007



This picture is where I spent most of my day on Friday.........trying to finish up my Christmas shopping. And you know what? I got all but three presents. And those three won't be hard......not that the others were either. All in all, shopping was a piece of cake this year. Everything I was looking for ended up being on sale and I got such good deals that I was able to even pick up some things I had been wanting for the house.....on SALE TOO!

And this is what it looks like as I prepare to wrap it all and place it under the tree. I can't wait to get it done. I love wrapping presents. As a college student I was employed for one Christmas season in the gift wrap department of a fairly large local department store in downtown Grand Rapids. It was probably the most fun job I have had!

When I get them all wrapped, it looks like I will have to move that chair somewhere else. That chair belongs to my 'fur kid' and I'm sure she won't be pleased with me moving it to a different spot. She always seems to get out of sorts when I move her chair to a new place in the room. And I never knew that 'fur kids' could give dirty looks, but this one of mine has it down to a science! Okay, gotta go get busy or I won't get it done!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrapped everyone's but the kids' today and put them under the tree way in the back so the kids can't get them. Trenton said that I could wrap the kids' later and then put them under the tree. I said "Uh, no I can't, they are supposed to be from Santa." Men.

Renee said...

I feel your pain, Martie. I have tons of presents left to wrap and I'm overwhelmed! It's supposed to be fun, but sometimes I just get stressed!!

Ame said...

I used to love wrapping presents ;) ... wanna come wrap mine? and stay awhile? :)

fur-kid with a mean look - LOL!!!

think we've got amexpression and covering fixed :)

Rising Rainbow said...

Your tree looks pretty but I don't even want to think about shopping let alone wrapping.

Tracy said...

Awwww, it looks so nice! Don't you just love the holidays! We are still trying to dig out of the snow over here! At around 10:00 pm I tried to go out to 7-11, yeah.....no chance of that. I got stuck at the bottom of my driveway. Everything was frozen and they have not plowed our street, so I was spinning and getting no where. How am I gonna get to work tomorrow (today)? Hope all is well!

clew said...

Hee hee ... I absolutely LOVE wrapping gifts too. It's my favorite part of Christmas prep-work!

Are any of those for me? Just kidding ;)

Anonymous said...

I am not so good at wrapping gifts. I guess that I lack patience. My birdie boy Hobie had some dirty looks and words. LOL Hugs!

Nelly said...

Hey Martie! Just wanted to stop by and say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and the hubby! Miss you tons! May your Christmas be filled with the ones you love!

Lori said...

Hope this finds you well and in the Christmas spirit. May you have a wonderful, joyous holiday with many blessings in the year ahead.

Merry Christmas, dear!

Love you!