Monday, September 17, 2007

Not much happening..........

except for a minor trip to the ER Saturday night to easy my family's fears. They all thought I was having some kind of cardiac event but it was only muscle spasms.....I get them all the time. Sometimes are worse than others and that was one of them. So after a short visit I was able to return home (in a fog from the medication they gave me) and I'm fine now.......REALLY!

So since nothing much is going on I thought I would list some little known laws that may or may not be in effect anymore. Here goes:


It's A Crime! (or at least it used to be) to:

.........eat a snake on Sunday in Kansas!

.........wear cowboy boots in Blythe, California, unless you own two cows!

.........get a fish drunk anywhere in the state of Oklahoma!

.........go to church in Georgia without a loaded rifle!

.........to wiggle while dancing in a bar in Stockton, California!

.........to buy a beer in the state of Maine unless you are standing up at the time!

Hope you get a chuckle out of these useless, silly laws.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm REALLY glad that you are okay. You had me worried too.

I don't know exactly how you would get a fish drunk but I guess it if one were drunk you could arrest it on swimming while drunk?

That OK law sounds a little fishy to me.

Lori said...

OK...I'm thinking it should be against the law to eat a snake at any time in any state! These are funny...I've never heard this about KS, though!

Martie said...

I was flipping through the Reader's Digest site and found these items. They are funny, aren't they?

Nelly said...

Glad to hear it wasn't serious! C-you soon!

River Rat said...

Glad to hear you're okay! xoxo

chesneygirl said...

So glad you went and got it checked... you never know!
(even though you think you do)

Love ya martie! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you got checked out I-Mom and all is well....

janet copenhaver said...

Holy Cow! Don't scare me like that. Glad your family is diligent and made you go get checked out. Better safe then sorry and you have a boat load of people who would be sooorrry if you hadn't and it was for real!

Renee said...

Oh, Martie, sorry I'm just now reading this. Glad to hear you're fine! You had me scared there for a second.

Anonymous said...

Dear Martie,
I am glad you went and had it checked out. Bet it did scare your family. Hope you are feeling better now.

Love the laws you listed...really cute.

Hugs,
Connie