Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Test for Springs final arrival!



I can tell it is really spring here now. This large moth (2½" long x 3½" wide) helps to prove that spring and the bugs have arrived. I tried to find out exactly what kind this is, but couldn't find a picture to match it on the Internet and since I'm not really into the bug world, I haven't a clue. Any one want to venture a guess? His lower wings have a beautiful purple color on them and the dots on his upper wings are shaped like triangles. He has long yellow antenna and big black eyes.



The other way is by looking at this beautiful lilac bush in my backyard. It can be seen from my compter room window and if it's warm enough to open the window, the fragerance that filters though the screen is beautiful. I was hoping that the butterflies that were occupying several of the branches would show up, but I should have known better. Without zoom, I just can't capture things the way I want to! But I think the flowers turned out pretty anyway.

It is 11:46 PM on Wednesday night, and this is the first chance I have had to really spend enough time on the computer to post something new. I have been so very busy, with what I'm not certain, other than taking care of Drew off and on. Maybe just cleaning house, it is spring after all, and that spring cleaning is always calling my name. I wonder if I changed my name maybe I would get more rest......nah.....wouldn't happen!

9 comments:

Nelly said...

Ewwwww! Nasty looking moth! I HATE those things! YUCK YUCK YUCK!

Renee said...

Pretty flowers, but the moth grosses me out too. Way too big!

Anonymous said...

I love the flowers. We've had some nasty looking fungus on the mulch. It starts out bright orange then turns colors until it is completely black. At first I thought aliens were throwing up on the mulch.

Lori said...

I love lilacs. I always think of my high school friend, Angie who always said she was going to get married at lilac time (she never did... :-( )

We missed out on them this year because of the late snow/freeze. I missed their lovely appearance and fragrance.

Anonymous said...

That is a Hawk Moth. It eats small dogs, barnyard animals, and homemade lasagna.

Ooooo, pretty flowers :)

You be good I-Mom

River Rat said...

I love the moth! I tried changing my name a few days ago, but it didn't work. My son said; "But your name will always be Mommie!"

Anonymous said...

Wanted to stop by and tell you that I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Happy Mother's Day my friend.
Hugs,
Connie

Lori said...

Happy Mother's Day, martie!!

Smalltown RN said...

I have no idea what kind of moth that is...but it is huge!!!! OMG!!! Happy belated Mother's Day....hope you had a grand day! I love lilacs....I was reading about them the other day and if one wanted to have them in the house the best way for keeping them in a vase....it was rather a lot of work....I like your idea of just sitting in your computer room and looking out your window and enjoy nature at it's finest! Cheers my dear friend.....chat soon I hope!