Thursday, February 23, 2006

More Arctic Cold?!

While searching through paperwork looking for information to complete our tax filing I came across this poem. I don't know who wrote it......it was scribbled on a piece of old notebook paper. With the approach of a couple Alberta Clippers in our area and temperatures about to plunge downward to some pretty cold air I thought this would express how I'm feeling about this whole winter weather scene!

It's Winter in Michigan
And gentle breezes blow,
Seventy miles an hour,
At twenty-five below.

Oh, Michigan how I love you
When the snows up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter
And your nose freezes shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Michigan,
Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Very funny poem. But you have to admit, we really haven't had it that bad this winter.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's terrible. The poem is good but the visual is brrrr! LOL I'll stay south. :)

Bainwen Gilrana said...

Oh that part about the nose freezing shut is so true! The first winter I lived up here I seriously thought I was going to die of the cold while walking to and from school, because my nose would freeze and I'd suffocate!

But obviously, ghosts can't blog, so I'm still around. All I got out of that winter was something to someday tell my grandchildren when they complain. "When I was your age, I had to walk two miles to school in waist deep snow!" The story of that winter will, of course, get worse and worse as I get older. ;-)

Spin_Doc1 said...

That is great!

Nelly said...

I'm shivering right there with ya babe!

E. said...

Great poem. I'm from east-central Wisconsin originally, so I can definitely relate. Now I'm a little further south, and the winter is still cold, but not like the waist-high snows and frigid winds of my girlhood.

Thanks for stopping by Oral Hygiene Queen, Martie! It's nice to meet you.

clew said...

Get that mess outta there by Friday, woman! I was going to pack my summer clothes! ;)

NOT!

Bougie Black Boy said...

Need help with taxes? I can refer you to my lawyer-friend who does mine.

As for the poem--it was a great poem. However the saddest part is the last line. Which, to me, represents complacency