Sunday, July 01, 2007

An Early Arrival!


Okay, it's Sunday at 12:49 PM and my son, Doug's two youngest children, ages 5 and 3 ½ have arrived for the holiday festivities. The only thing is, the festivities don't really begin until Wednesday, the 4th. In order for Doug to be able to have them for the 4th of July and the big family get together, he had to get them today and keep them through this coming week. We had originally planned on picking them up Tuesday evening around 6 PM and keeping them until Friday evening or Saturday morning. So I guess I will just be a little busier than I had anticipated Monday and Tuesday, while I make preparations for the arrival of the Kentucky bunch and prepare what food I can in advance of Wednesday.

I will be dragging 3 kids with me to the grocery store instead of just Amber who is 12 and not much work anymore at all. And I will have to plan around the schedules of small children's hunger pangs and needing attention while trying to pull everything else together. Daddy and Bumpa both have to work Monday and Tuesday so I hope Amber is up for a challenge and will be willing to pitch in just a little more than she usually does and help, at least with her little brother and sister.

Wish me luck!!!!

11 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

Lot's of luck girlfriend..
Better you than me. Your Doug is a handsome one.

Has he told his mum how great she is recently???

River Rat said...

What a bunch of cuties! I totally feel your pain!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Amber will be plenty of help! Good Luck I-Mom!!

Anonymous said...

Hey- you told me you had been looking for a part-time job but hadn't ever found one. Well, sounds like you have a full-time job. A full-time job with lots of great benefits! Your 4th festivities sound exciting. Hugs

Anonymous said...

what a gift you are ... more time with you is more difficult on you but more blessed for them. and what a great picture! wow - sounds like you're gonna have a great 4th!

Anonymous said...

btw - love the noah's ark ... and your coffee table ;)

Renee said...

Good luck, Martie. I bet y'all will have a blast.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!!!

I am sure that if you can manage to fit in with everyone's sleep time and feeding time, the kids will have a ball... and so will you!

xxx

Lori said...

Well, it is the 4th which means you have already survived the grocery store expedition, meals and naptimes.

Enjoy the day!

Rebecca said...

GOOD LUCK! But somehow, I think you'll do just fine... :)

Happy 4th!

Smalltown RN said...

oh that is a great photo....you have a lovely family...and I am sure from what you have told us about Amber she will be Grandma's big helper....I hope you had a great time with the family....cheers my dear friend